Garrido's Bistro Brunch

Saturday, December 1, 2018

I saw this cute little Venezuelan bistro in Grosse Pointe Woods on Instagram a few months ago and I immediately added them to my Detroit Bucket list of places that I wanted to go. They  offer breakfast, lunch and dinner, serving traditional American Breakfast with their signature, Venezuelan Specialties all day and a full menu for dinner. What really caught my eye on the Gram was their Extreme Shakes and brunch menu. I am a huge sucker for a good brunch. The fact that they serve authentic latin food made them so much more appealing than just your standard American brunch joint. 




My husband and I headed out on a Saturday morning around 10:30am hoping to catch a table just before the brunch rush started. Luckily when we arrived we found that although the bistro is small there were plenty of tables available. We grabbed a table right by the window and were pumped we didn't have to wait as we were hungry.

We were quickly greeted and the brunch menu had quite a bit to offer from scrambles, Belgian waffles,   traditional Arepas, and "Wake Me Ups", which are Garrido's take on breakfast bowls. My husband ordered the ChocoBanana Belgian Waffle and I ordered Godzilla's Nest Wake Me Up. The ChocoBanana Belgian Waffle comes with fresh bananas and Nutella, however the server let us know they were out of bananas and offered to substitute the bananas for berries. Godzilla's Nest Wake Me Up is a waffle with melted cheddar, bacon, ground beef, poached eggs, and Guasacaca. 




Our meals were both fantastic. Nathan is always down for pancakes or waffles and the berry substitution on his ChocoBanana waffle didn't disappoint. Initially he wanted to ask for syrup, because it was served without, but after first bite he discovered he didn't even need it. The waffle was so good! My Godzilla's Nest definitely did not disappoint. It was such a unique flavor. The ground beef and bacon were delicious and the cheese sauce just combined all the flavors. I would highly recommend Godzilla's Nest. Both of the waffles were quite large and I ended up boxing up half of my meal. 


The Extreme Shakes were initially what caught my eye, so of course we had to get one! We ended up getting the Rockin' Reese's Extreme Shake and it blew my world. This shake was GIGANTIC. It comes stacked with waffles, an ice cream sandwhich, some type of peanut butter pie, chocolate ice cream, a Choco taco and whipped cream! We had the option to have the base be peanut butter shake or hot cocoa. Nathan loves peanut butter so I went with the shake. Let me just tell you, we couldn't finish it. This shake was definitely made to share, probably with at least four people. 




Overall, Garrido's was a great experience and I absolutely plan to come back for dinner sometime. I have my eye on their Paella. Let me know if you check them out what your thoughts are! 


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!